Vision & Mission
The Walnut Grove and Flint Union Cemeteries provide places that are respectful of the passing of life as well as its continuation, a peaceful environment in which persons may grieve, meditate and be renewed, and a staff that provides high quality cemetery services.
- Provide a park-like setting in which people have their final resting place and also provide a place for citizens to pursue appropriate community activity.
- Develop and follow a long-term maintenance plan and identify resources needed to carry out the plan.
- Study social, economic, and cultural trends and revise policies as appropriate.
- Provide training opportunities for staff and board members to be aware of the latest developments in cemetery operations.
- Assist people with their genealogy searches.
- Provide highest quality cemetery services.
- Continue development of the Flint Cemetery property in accordance with the master plan.
- Maintain a volunteer citizen organization.